REPORTING AN ABSENCE
It is required that ALL absences be verified. To report an absence call Susan Harbaugh. If you receive a voicemail, please leave a message and include the following:
Your name and relation to student
The reason for their absence
If a student’s absence has not been verified our automated system will call indicating your student was absent for one or more classes.
If your student is tardy 30 minutes or more it is considered an unexcused absence.
The WHS Student Handbook contains detailed Attendance information. Refer to WHS Student/Parent Resources page: www.windsorhs.com/o/windsor-high-school/page/parent
Please refer to the California Education Code: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=EDC§ionNum=48205
If you are planning a vacation and/or your student will be missing 5 to 15 days of school contact Kathy Funkhouser for information regarding Short-Term Independent Study (IS).
If proper notice is not given the request for Short-Term IS can be denied. Paperwork needs to be filled out two weeks prior to leaving. A Short-Term IS Contract & Assignment Sheets will be given to the student and needs to be returned FULLY COMPLETED in order to receive credit. If work is not turned in or is incomplete then the absences will be unexcused and you student will be declared a truant.
1) Two weeks before going on Short-Term Independent Study, contact Kathy Funkhouser, Attendance Office to pickup Short-Term IS Contract/Assignment Sheets.
2) Have each of your Teachers complete Assignment Sheet on the back of the IS Contract.
3) Student and Parents sign Short-Term IS Contract.
4) Return Short-Term IS Contract and Assignment Sheets to Kathy Funkhouser, prior to leaving.
5) After you return from Short-Term IS turn in all homework to Kathy Funkhouser.